Catalyst Consulting is leading New Zealand as the one-stop consultancy for commercial fit-out design and construction. The business was started in 1999 and has grown to have offices and staff based in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
Mercury IT worked with Catalyst to propose a server replacement program with the aim of moving away from the old onsite servers and a high capital operating cost, to a hybrid solution of using Mercury IT datacentres, Office 365 and Exchange online, plus re-utilising some recently purchased onsite server storage.
Mercury IT started by taking over the existing server and user support as part of a staged handover and project migration. We worked with the current providers to perform the handover, whilst also taking over the support earlier (free of charge to the client) to better manage the user expectations. Once this was completed, Mercury IT started the process of deploying a new private WAN solution for Catalyst’s offices. Mercury supplied the high speed UFB and firewalls for each location.
Once this was all completed, Mercury started the next stage of the project, which involved updating all the client workstations with the latest version of Microsoft Office, to give standardisation across the company. Then the old Exchange server was decommissioned and all email moved to Office365 Exchange online.
During this phase, Catalyst also started the rollout of a new CRM solution. Mercury IT worked with both the client and the new software supplier to build and deploy the required virtual servers from within our Auckland datacentre. The final goal of the project is to have a fully hosted server solution which provides easy and flexible remote working for staff and provides a seamless working environment day to day.
On the technical side Mercury now looks after:
- Fully outsourced user help desk for all Catalyst staff
- Full server support and maintenance
- Unlimited on-site and remote support for both server and user issues
- Managed firewalls and internet connections at each office location
- Antivirus, Malware and Spam filtering solutions
- Hosted server infrastructure in multiple datacentres across NZ
- Highly available servers infrastructure with real time replication
- Virtual remote desktop
- Microsoft SPLA subscription licensing
- Microsoft Office 365 QMTH licensing
- Microsoft Exchange Online Email
- Full hourly backups of all virtual servers and replication to a secondary datacentre
If your organisation is looking for an IT partner than can help you on all IT fronts, then get in contact so we can add your success story to the list!