For over 60 years, Trade Tools has been supplying cutting tools and engineering supplies to the New Zealand engineering and manufacturing sectors. A 100% owned and operated New Zealand business, Trade Tools operates out of 4 office locations across both the north and south islands.
Mercury IT was asked to respond to a RFP to supply a new server infrastructure solution for Trade Tools. This was to encompass all offices and a separate division, Industrial Tools.
Mercury IT reviewed the current infrastructure and software applications, whilst listening to the business requirements and proposed a new cloud based solution with highly available systems, new WAN network and to also upgrade to a new cloud PABX VoIP phone solution. This design gave the client a centralised solution whilst also offering the remote working capabilities the business was looking for.
Mercury IT working with the client, prepared a full project management solution and also worked with the new ERP system the client was deploying to make sure the infrastructure and design met the business goals.
On the technical side Mercury now looks after:
- Fully outsourced user help desk for all Trade Tools staff
- Full server support and maintenance
- Unlimited on-site and remote support for both server and user issues
- Managed firewalls and internet connections at each office location
- Antivirus, Malware and Spam filtering solutions
- Hosted server infrastructure in multiple datacentres across NZ
- Highly available servers infrastructure with real time replication
- Virtual remote desktop
- Cloud based PABX VoIP solution
- Microsoft SPLA subscription licensing
- Microsoft Office 365 QMTH licensing
- Microsoft Exchange Online Email
- Full hourly backups of all virtual servers and replication to a secondary datacentre
If your organisation is looking for an IT partner than can help you on all IT fronts, then get in contact so we can add your success story to the list!